Diabetes mellitus alludes to a gathering of infections that influence how your body utilizes/uses blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is fundamental to your wellbeing since it’s a significant wellspring of energy for the human cells that make up your muscles and tissues. It’s additionally your mind’s principle wellspring of fuel.
The hidden reason for diabetes differs by type. In any case, regardless of what kind of diabetes you have, it can prompt abundance sugar in your blood. An excess of sugar in your blood can prompt genuine medical conditions.
Generally, there are two major types of Diabetes occurring in men. Those are –
- Type I Diabetes, and
- Type II Diabetes
Type I Diabetes: A chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin.
On the other hand, Type II Diabetes: A chronic condition that affects the way the body processes blood sugar (glucose).
Diagnosis and Treatment: Type I and Type II Diabetes
It may be right to say that ‘Type I’ diabetes often appears suddenly and are often the reason for checking blood sugar levels while the other types of diabetes and prediabetes come on more gradually.
- Glycated hemoglobin (A1C) test
- Random blood sugar test
- Fasting blood sugar test
- Oral glucose tolerance test
Important notice: A sugar level under 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L) is typical. A perusing of in excess of 200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L) following two hours shows diabetes. A perusing somewhere in the range of 140 and 199 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L and 11.0 mmol/L) shows prediabetes.
Early/Most Common Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
The mentioned symptoms and causes are include of type one and type two diabetes:
- Frequent urination: At the point when glucose levels are high, the kidneys attempt to eliminate the abundance sugar by sifting it through the blood. This can prompt an individual expecting to pee all the more every now and again, especially around evening time.
- Increased thirst: The successive pee that is important to eliminate abundance sugar from the blood can bring about the body losing extra water.
- Starving all-time: In individuals with diabetes, insufficient of this glucose moves from the circulatory system into the body’s cells.
- Feeling very tired: Type 2 diabetes can affect an individual’s energy levels and cause them to feel extremely drained or exhausted. This sleepiness happens because of deficient sugar moving from the circulatory system into the body’s cells.
- Blurry eyesight: An abundance of sugar in the blood can harm the minuscule veins in the eyes, which can cause foggy vision.
- Slow healing of cuts and wounds: Significant degrees of sugar in the blood can harm the body’s nerves and veins, which can disable blood course.
- Tingling, numbness, or pain in the hands or feet: High glucose levels can influence blood dissemination and harm the body’s nerves.
- Patches of dark skin: Patches of brown complexion shaping on the wrinkles of the neck, armpit, or crotch can likewise imply a higher danger of diabetes.
- Itching and yeast infections: Overabundance sugar in the blood and pee gives food to yeast, which can prompt contamination. Yeast diseases will in general happen on warm, sodden territories of the skin, for example, the mouth, genital zones, and armpits.
Affordable Diabetes Treatment at Preksha Hospital
The Preksha Hospital has a specialized centre for diabetes with dedicated and specially trained Diabetologists and Dieticians with cross-referral support from other Medical specialties.
Over the period, we have conducted several diabetes-free health camps in rural areas of Jodhpur, Pali and Barmer district.
Diabetes Services at Preksha Hospital:
- Diabetes Club,
- Diabetes foot club unit,
- Diabetes pregnancy care,
- Diabetes Education Programme,
- Diabetes Emergency Room,
- Computerized Lab,
- Diet Guidance, and more
Interested? Make a quick appointment from here or visit Preksha Hospital – Main Pal Road, Milkman Colony, Jodhpur.