Thyroid problems such as low thyroid hormones are common during pregnancy. It is known as Hypothyroidism caused when insufficient of thyroid hormone secretion or underactive of thyroid gland.
Many parents don’t know that these hormones are vital for normal brain development and growth of the baby. Typically, for the first three months, the baby relies on the mother for thyroid hormones.
Talking about the symptoms, those are generic and most of them are similar to pregnancy symptoms.
For instance, they can both cause fatigue, weight gain, and changes in menstruation. Also, doctors for pregnancy problems in Jodhpur presume that having low thyroid hormone count can also cause problems with becoming pregnant, further may result in miscarraige.
What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
Generally, it is observed that the hypothyroidism process may start slowly and it can go undetected if symptoms are mild. Hypothyroidism is a common issue during pregnancy and the most common symptoms include:
- Feeling tired
- Inability to stand cold temperatures
- Hoarse voice
- Swelling of the face
- Weight gain
- Skin and hair changes, including dry skin and loss of eyebrows
- Brittle nails
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (hand tingling or pain)
- Slow heart rate
- Shortness of breath with activity
- Muscle cramps, weakness, joint pain
- Trouble concentrating
- Irregular menstrual periods
Important notice: The symptoms may be more like other health problems. Consult your healthcare expert for a diagnosis.
Causes of Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
It is advised to the parents especially to women during pregnancy to take careful and appropriate precautions, fresh food, consulted nutrition diet and occasionally to test for hypothyroidism.
The lessen thyroid hormones may lead to thyroid related diseases during pregnancy and those are –
- At first hand, it may lead to autoimmune disorder Grave’s disease where the body makes an antibody called thyroid-stimulating immunoglobulin (TSI) that causes the thyroid to overreact and make too much thyroid hormone.
- On the other hand, it may also push to autoimmune disorders known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. In this, the body mistakenly attacks the cells of the thyroid gland.
Diagnosis of Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
Hypothyroidism in pregnancy is diagnosed based on observative symptoms, physical exam, and blood tests to measure the count of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and thyroid hormones T4, and for hyperthyroidism also T3.
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
To get rid from thyroid disease the simplest treatment and procedure is carried out by the doctors. An antithyroid medication that blocks production of thyroid hormones is used.
And, the mentioned treatment is usually given during the first trimester.
However, the overall treatment and procedure is handled by the doctors who are well-specialized in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
The best gynaecology in Jodhpur will take care of such hormone issues during pregnancy and relief from hypothyroidism at an affordable cost.
Gynecology Services at Preksha Hospital:
- Well Women Clinic
- Regular Ante Natal Checkup
- High-Risk Pregnancy Management
- Normal Delivery
- Cesarean Section
- Care in Menopause
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic septum resection
- Management of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Laparoscopic management of Ectopic pregnancy
- Management of PCOD
- Management of Endometriosis
- All routine Gyane Surgery
- Dietary Consultation
Book a free Hypothyroidism consultation here and get answers, guidance, and solutions related to such problems.